How many of us really think about if what we pass to our kids from were parented is even healthy well there a name for it- conscious parenting. and not careful risk continuing legacy encouraging range mental emotional issues develop in the coming generations. style="font-weight: 400;">
For Kim Muench, it wasn’t until her eldest son was secretly suffering from alcohol addiction and she had to parent him through it rather than just sending him to rehab, that the lightbulb went off. It impacted her so much that today she is a Certified Conscious Parenting Coach specializing with mothers of adolescence, on a mission to help build healthier, happier, more functional relationships in families. Her book, “Becoming Me While Raising You: A Mother's Journey to Herself” has helped so many moms and she’s here today to share how we can incorporate Conscious Parenting to build a healthy legacy so the next generation can truly thrive.
History begins now, are you ready to take part in creating a beautiful one by parenting well? Enjoy this episode with Kim!
Here are the main points discussed in Season 1 Episode 10:
- How vital it is that we reflect on how we were raised and being intentional about how we live around our kids and who we spend time with.
- How conscious parenting entails shifting from things we were taught like not going against authority and being pushed out of uncomfortable feelings so that we don’t end up projecting but instead reconciling our relationship with how we were raised to even make our parents look and feel good.
- Appreciating your kids for who they are + the courage needed to not compare them or push societal norms on them. Rather we must tune into our children and help them develop into who they're meant to be.
- Her reason for specializing in moms as they set the emotional tone or barometer and when they work on themselves, it ripples out to everyone else in the family.
- How moms can practically begin to go inward and do the inner work to parent consciously, especially using meditation to reconnect with themselves and overly just making self-care mandatory as Nicole affirmed that when moms thrive, everybody thrives.
- Managing your environment and finding community to support you since conscious parenting isn’t a known concept and so may not be readily accepted by those in our close circles.
- Kim’s 4 crucial questions to really dive into the journey of reconciliation and unlocking your wisdom and the wounds of your inner child.
You can reach out to Kim on Instagram and Facebook @Kim Muench Real Life Parent Guide
Her Podcast- Becoming Me While Raising You
Tiktok Kim Meinch Parent Coach