Seriously, how did our parents do it? If you are a burnt out mom and you know it clap. your. hands. We know how real the struggle of not just modern motherhood but Pandemic motherhood is and just how steep the learning curve can be. That’s why today’s guest is someone who is making history as we speak, having built a blueprint for mothers in the “new normal”. In this episode, that lovely guest is Motherhood content creator and influencer April Knight-Copeland and they’ll be talking about navigating motherhood during the pandemic. Her specialty being New Parent Advice, Childhood Development Milestones and Children’s Product Reviews, April dives into her experience as a new mom during the pandemic and gives away gems you’re sure to love. From feeling isolated, and having postpartum anxiety and depression, she yearned for a village she could relate to and build with on her journey. With her blog “According to April”, she’s now a major point of reference that other moms can identify with and they’ve grown a wonderful, supportive bond in a thriving community of moms seeking to transform motherhood for the better.
How do you remember your parents? A lot of us remember the toiling and the hustle and while that can be appreciated, we modern mommas simply cannot. We refuse. Do you want to be a mom that’s remembered as happy and healthy? One that is present and genuinely enjoys motherhood, having fun with and without your kids? This episode challenges you to set your life to accomplish exactly that. So ensure you stay throughout the podcast to get her secrets to thriving as a mom rather than just surviving, using her Balance System. Here’s a hint- Above all else, know your WHY and put yourself FIRST!
Here are the main points discussed in Season 1 Episode 2 :
- “Work-life balance” within the new normal. How self-awareness and patience are necessary to adjust to the needs of pandemic babies while giving moms the permission and freedom needed to set mandatory boundaries for their mental health.
- Managing shame with the comparison trap that pandemic moms fall in where “normal developmental milestones” are looking very different for pandemic babies and how absolutely nothing is wrong with your child or are you a bad parent + April’s own experience with her son having to go through speech class and occupational therapy to help him develop faster since quarantine took that away.
- From Isolation to Unity with building her blog “According to April” during the pandemic
- How April manages to prioritize self-care yet still be a mom, wife, star blogger and use her heart for moms seeking to thrive online in their own ventures during the pandemic, by successfully building her Virtual Assistant Company “April Virtual Solutions” in 2022.
- Dealing with overwhelming birth and delivery information by balancing unsolicited advice from other moms during your pregnancy through setting boundaries with people drowning you with advice from their unique experience.
- April shared her Balance System to transform mom life from draining to fulfilling
- Advice for prospective moms to prepare physically and mentally
You can find April on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok at Accordingtoapril.com and you can head over to her new business website Aprilvirtualsolutions.com to see what’s in store for you to build your own empire with help from outsourcing solutions.Special gift alert!: Mention the word “confidence” to get a special gift of 5% off. April wants to see moms all over, taking up space and winning!