Have you ever heard of a Motherhood Architect? Well, it’s 2022. Not only is that a real thing, but don’t you agree that there’s no other time like today to break free from the traditional notion of motherhood? At least that’s what today’s guest inspires women to do- her name is Mara Kazantzaki, International Lifestyle Consultant and Change Maker for Moms. In today’s episode, she shares what led to her breaking free from the traditional paths of both the rat race from “working corporate” with BBC followed by doing the extreme opposite to stay home to take care of her newborn then changing everything and moving to Thailand with her family. Clearly, she was successful in rewiring her brain and lifestyle to put herself first and we just had to share her journey of what went into that.
In this episode, you’ll find that her studies in Thailand, at the highest level in BreathWork and Meditation, have such relevant and impactful solutions to reforming how we do motherhood now compared to the past. From the deep effects of mom guilt and negative inner talk, many moms are dying to get unstuck and Mara is dying to free as many moms as she can. Ready to learn how you can rewire your brain and lifestyle to have a satisfying mom life and live ‘beyond motherhood? Have a listen!
Here are the main points discussed in Season 1 Episode 4:
- How and where moms can start relearning what they’ve been taught about motherhood and understanding that it’s not only okay but vital to put themselves first.
- How villages no longer exist for many moms and they are being drained, as the majority of the time, they are the parent always being called upon for responsibilities because of how we have been conditioned.
- The importance of setting boundaries with people but recognizing that the work really starts from within us as moms.
- How vital it is to release all the guilt from the beginning before you can move forward with relearning your role and lifestyle as a mom.
- That we have to be the ones to re-parent and give ourselves the self-compassion we need as a very effective way of removing all the mom guilt. By practicing this self-compassion, that is how we recondition ourselves to be free and fulfilled.
- Using gratitude to mute the silent abuser of negative self-talk, i.e that ongoing inner critic that preaches that we “should have done better” or known better.
- Making use of the modalities like yoga and meditation to help us to learn to emotionally self-regulate + “Attacking the layers from the physical to the mental and then emotional”
- Daily “Me-time” suggestions for moms apart from the typical doing their nails and observing how much more in tune we are with our bodies.
You can reach out to Mara on Instagram at @Marabeyond on her personal page or @Beyondmotherhood and visit her website beyondmotherhood.com for free resources.
Here’s what you can look forward to from Mara:
1) She’s launching a community to share with all moms around the world
2) Making space for a meeting room for 4hrs to meet with moms to facilitate guidance and create a blueprint for them to know what to do next based on where they are in their unique journey
3) Retreats to take moms away from their situation and into nature to start the process reframing their state of mind and wellbeing with the different modalities + taking moms out at night JUST TO SLEEP! (Amen, right?)