How conscious are we with what we are putting not just on our bodies but on our already heavy schedules? From Science to Beauty to Holistic Wellness, LaKeish Entsuah tells all today on this week’s episode. This diverse, phenomenal mother despite her health struggles with PCOS and fertility issues among other things, is a woman of three- 3 kids and 3 different areas of major career transitions and this episode reveals how in the world she does it all.
After being burnt out from the highs of the black-owned business hype during the beginning of the pandemic, LaKeisha transitioned from a booming Beauty business to Holistic Wellness in 2021, with three children at home including newborn twins upon recognizing that our health is a function of what we do daily. She decided that for her own wellbeing and her loved ones, that she will stand on this powerful quote “Stress less, rest more” and went on a mission to transfer that ideology to others because of how relevant it is to our overall wellness.
In all of what you’ll find today however, we hope you don’t miss the point that it all takes time. We won’t take one morning and fix our lives in 30 minutes- it just doesn’t work that way and that’s perfectly fine. Are you seeking to finally find true rest? Listen to this week’s episode to see how you can declutter your schedule to “Stress Less, rest more”, plus tools like LaKeisha’s Team Beauty Sleep Journal and you’ll absolutely love the Schedule Audit Checklist.
Here are the main points discussed in Season 1 Episode 3:
- How “wellness” is really self-defined, where you go on a personal journey of figuring out what’s right for you, showing up how you want to and being absolutely sure that it feels good for YOU.
- The power of being honest with yourself + the 5 Major keys to succeed in doing an honest “check-in”. From the patience required to tips on where to even start, a major strategy to finding the root cause of not feeling or being your best, the power of strict self-boundaries and how lack of rest may be the real baseline of wellness.
- LaKeisha’s 2-step guide for where to start if you’re dying to escape burnout as a mom - is your current schedule really working for you or against you?
- How her haphazard sleeping patterns inspired the creation of the Team beauty sleep journal to systemize her night time routine, get scattered thoughts out her head, and wind down properly to stabilize her energy + Wind down ideas
- How your rest creates a positive ripple effect on your family- bye bye ticking bomb mom, hello patient and ready to engage mom.
- Importance of being in tune with our bodies and how it helps with expressing what’s on the inside for not just moms but their kids and using that to create boundaries for respecting when mommy is too tired to engage.
You can find LaKeisha @ L.entsuah on all socials, especially IG and her business at Brand@wellbeautylab on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Special gift alert!: Schedule Audit Checklist at Schedule Auditing 101 – Well Beauty Lab